Thursday 11 August 2016

Silver Lining: 2

Don't worry, you don't have to cancel your vacation.

No wonder they call you the cough Good doctor.

You just have to bring this inhaler, this inhaler, these antibiotics and this special over the counter pill.

Cough. Cough. Thank you.

And stay out of the hot sun.

Alright.

Oh, and also, try and rest whenever you can.

Cough. Cough. Not. A. Problem.

(Fast forward 12-15 hours and make yourself an iced coffee)

Of all the places to recuperate, I am probably in one of the best. Surrounded by some of my favourite people in the world.

And, on the bright side, if anyone wants to do something I don't want to do  go to the Opera, I will just say Oh I'm Sorry. I wish I could. But Unfortunately (cough) I've been recently diagnosed with (dramatic pause) pneumonia.

What about cooking lessons? What about making cheese? The beach? Hiking through caves?

Oh I will be well enough for all of that. But if I have to sit in a chair and listen to an Aria, my lungs may just react. Plus, I don't want to disturb any of the other Opera goers.

(Fast forward 12-15 hours and make yourself an aperol spritzer)

Great news. We have Opera tickets for Friday night.

Oh I'm sorry, I couldn't possibly. I have just been (weak cough, antibiotics now working) diagnosed with pneumonia.

Which lobe? Higher or lower?

Dunno. But something important and non-opera-going.

What anti-biotic are you taking?

Pass package over.

Oh, Opera tickets aren't till Friday. Don't worry, you will be fine by then.

Lessons Learned:

1. If you travel with a doctor, you may get what you deserve
2. Opera tickets may not be as hard to come by as one would think
3. 200 words don't go as far as they used to. End of story to come tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment