Friday 1 November 2013

Day One

We are celebrating two holidays today.

One is called nablopomo - National Blog Posting Month which means you (well in this case I) need to post a blog entry every day for the month of November.  There are many reasons one would do this (listed on the website are things like "build community")  but frankly I'm just curious to see how hard it will be and what kind of excuses I will come up with when I miss a day.

The other holiday is called Candlelight. Candlelight was invented in 2009 by a friend of mine to help people embrace the oncoming dark wet cold winter.  To celebrate, from Nov 1-the day before American thanksgiving, you light a candle as soon as you come home. You enjoy your favorite drink and perhaps a snack while admiring your flickering lights.

I had big plans to link to the candlelight website and post a pic of night one.

But then I started experiencing technical difficulties and I realized.

We're going to be together all month.

What if we run out of things to talk about?

No comments:

Post a Comment