Saturday 8 December 2012

Internet Is a Total Enabler

6:45am.  Open eyes.  Full work day ahead.

Nine people for Friday Night dinner.

Crockpot solution.

Curry chicken with coriander (fresh) and toasted cashews (using walnuts).

6:49 am. Start throwing things into slow cooker.

7:08am Take B to bus stop and Realize that I didn't throw in curry sauce.  Further realize that I don't have any jarred sauce, I used it all up last time I relied on crockpot for emergency Book Club dinner.

7:14 am. Look up curry sauce and find many options. 

Oh, good, have all the ingredients.  Take out food processor. Take out fresh veggies.  Start chopping.

7:33am.  Wait a second, what's this Garam Masala?  An Indian spice?  Have I ever bought this before?

7:48am.  Wiping down shelf, re-arranging jars. No Garam Masala.

7:56am . Look up Garam Masala.  It is indeed a blend of 7 Indian spices.  Turns out I have them all. (Also turns out they are all on my counter.)

A few half teaspoons and two Tablespoons later I have more Garam Masala than I have ever wanted.

I have a crockpot full of curry chicken.

I also have a meeting in twenty minutes, two kids I forgot to wake up and get ready for school, and the unmistakeable stench of curry powder emanating from my every pore.

Internet, you make it too damn easy.

Why couldn't you have just told me to order a pizza?

No comments:

Post a Comment